Plug-in Electric Vehicles are coming to California!
With two mass-produced options available on the market before the end of 2010, electric vehicles are becoming a more viable option for consumers. There are many incentives for purchasing an EV such as:
- Tax credit for purchasing a new EV
- Tax credit for installing the charging station in your garage
- Lower electricity rate from SCE
- Carpool lane access
For more information about Electric Vehicles, visit Southern CA Edison's website.
Hybrid & Electric Car Guide
For an in-depth look at different types of energy efficient vehicles, visit https://www.carmax.com/articles/hybrid-electric-buying-guide.
Energy Saving Tips
- Combine errands into one trip. Several short trips, each one taken from a cold start, can use twice as much fuel as one trip covering the same distance when the engine is warm.
- Aggressive driving, such as rapid acceleration and hard braking, can lower your gas mileage up to 30%.
- Keep your tires properly inflated and keep up on the routine maintenance for your car.
Check out LA Metro to plan your next trip by bus or rail!
Many destinations can be quickly and easily reached by bike. Make sure to plan your route before you leave, utilizing streets with less traffic and designated bike lanes. Use the Metro Bike Map to find bike lanes along your route. And always remember to wear a helmet!