WATERWISE GARDEN RECOGNITION PROGRAM
About the Program:
The City is giving recognition to gardens which utilize drought tolerant plants and water saving irrigation devices. If your garden qualifies, you will receive a free sign to place in your garden recognizing your water conservation efforts.
To qualify as a Water Wise Garden, the landscaped area must:
- Be greater than 150 square feet;
- Use a smart irrigation controller or similar device;
- Limit turf (grass) to 50% of the area or less.
The landscaped area must also have two of the following:
- Use of at least five drought tolerant plant species (as indicated on the CA-friendly plant list at www.bewaterwise.com or similar list).
- Zero run-off onto sidewalks or driveway.
- Use of drip lines or bubbles instead of sprinklers on any section of landscaping.
- Use of rotating sprinkler heads instead of older models.
- Provide a pathway(s) within the garden made of permeable surfaces.